NEW MRI: CHIARI AND SYRINX RESOLVED

A place to celebrate everything wonderful!

Moderator: pmaxwell

NEW MRI: CHIARI AND SYRINX RESOLVED

Postby Lisa Bennett Lynn » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:45 am

I had a new MRI on Thursday and Friday. I still cannot beleive what I'm being told. My Chiari malformation and syrinx has resolved due to atrophy from the aging process. My Chiari was to C1 and my Syrinx was to T5. I never had surgical intervention though at times I came close. I was told they are not sure how it has happened but they believe the atrophy from my cerebellum pulled my brainstem back into my cranium which caused the syrinx to close. We are all still just sitting here in shock at the moment but this may mean something folks----I want to share this with the world!!! I know this can bring alot of hope to alot of us out there---I'll try to keep you posted----Lisa
Lisa Bennett Lynn

Re: NEW MRI: CHIARI AND SYRINX RESOLVED

Postby wendi » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:39 am

That is great Lisa. I guess there is something good about old age huh? What does this mean? Are you having any symptoms?

Good luck!

Wendi in PA
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby Lisa Bennett Lynn » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:57 pm

Wendi,
I've always have had symptoms. Some include: severe headaches, ringing in my ears, heart beat in my ears, intolerence to vents and fans, occassionaly falling down, pain in my legs, numbness in my arms. Lately I have had lapses in immediate recall and trouble with concentration, some nocturnal enuresis, and at times my legs get this weird sensation and I'm scared to move because I don't feel as if they can. Over the last few years I've had increased numbness in my arms. I was scared that my Chiari and syrinx were worsening but they doesn't appear to be the case. However, my ventricles have enlarged. Like I said, everything is preliminary. I was real excited when I posted but I have just wanted to scream it from the top of my lungs. I have cried and cried and been on cloud 59. Its been a week and reality is starting to set in. Like, WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE!!!! Its been a long time since I've seen an expert. I've kinda been managing my symptons on my own since I was told surgery was the only option. Its a long story.---Lisa
Lisa Bennett Lynn

Postby wendi » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 am

Lisa:

We are here for you, for whatever you need. Questions answered, a shoulder to cry on or an ear to vent to. This is a great group of people who do understand what you are going thru.

Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Return to Share Your Success Story!