return of symptoms

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

return of symptoms

Postby lcolangelo » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:01 am

My 3 year old son had a chiari decompression in August-- he had a 25mm herniation. He did well for about 2 months -- but now his "cough headaches" have returned with a vengance. He is getting 3 or more headaches a day-- brought on by crying, screaming, pooping, etc. -- even worse than before surgery. Neurosuregeon ordered another MRI--report shows no CSF flow posterior or anterior-- Neurosurgeon is out of town-- can't read it until next week. Has anyone else experianced a recurrance so quickly? My 10 year old has had multiple decompressions-- it's rare, but she continues to re-grow bone--- but it is much too soon for that. Any comments would help!!
lcolangelo

Re: return of symptoms

Postby youngwife » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:48 pm

I am very sorry that your son is having problems with headaches again so soon. I do know of a member here, Dawn (lovemyblessings), that has had at least one child to need a second decompression surgery. You may want to pm her, or send me your email addie and I can forward it to her, if you are interested in speaking with her.

I hope that your son's neurosurgeon will get back with you very soon.

Blessings,

Rebecca
Homeschooling mom to 6 wonderful blessings from the Lord. ~ "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." - Ephesians 4:29
youngwife

Re: return of symptoms

Postby mommyjamieof2 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:53 am

How is your son? I hope he is doing better as I realize this is a old post.

I am wondering if you can tell me how his cough headaches are? I have a 7 year old with metopic cranio and I am wondering if he has chiari also he has had a cough a year now that never responds to any medication. He says his brain hurts when he coughs and he coughs all the time a few times a day at least it used to be constant when it started it is almost like a throat cleaing cough he does.
mommyjamieof2

Return to Pediatrics