Walker tip help...

Questions and information about accessibility, equipment and related issues.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Walker tip help...

Postby hartagold23 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:55 am

Hi,

My walker tips have been worn down to almost nothing and I want to put on some "ski glider" tips as replacements. Trouble is...I can't seem to remove the remainder of the old plastic grey tips in order to get these new tips to fit. The old plastic ones seem to be "melded" in place, inside the metal tube that holds the tips. Anyone know how to remove these old tips? (I really don't want to use tennis balls instead--that just seems silly-looking to me.)

Thanks,

Barb
SM/TCS/SB-lipoma/B12 def/Scoliosis/IBS. Had TCS surgery May 24 '07-syrinx totally drained! CSF leak repair--July 16 '07. Currently using a walker for short distances, probably permanently. Surgery was worth it to kill most of the pain!
hartagold23

Postby hartagold23 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:06 am

Hi, Keesha,

Yeah, I tried that but nothing fits. I have these chipped off plastic tips still clinging to my walker that I cannot remove in order to get the other things to fit. No one seems to know who can help me. I've asked all the pharmacy people and they can't help me. My boyfriend put some tennis balls on the ends, finally, but I just think that looks tacky and weird. Oh, well, so much for vanity!

Barb
SM/TCS/SB-lipoma/B12 def/Scoliosis/IBS. Had TCS surgery May 24 '07-syrinx totally drained! CSF leak repair--July 16 '07. Currently using a walker for short distances, probably permanently. Surgery was worth it to kill most of the pain!
hartagold23

Return to Equipment/Accessibility