YakTrax

Questions and information about accessibility, equipment and related issues.

Moderator: pmaxwell

YakTrax

Postby mswa » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:46 am

YakTrax is a great product for those of us living in areas where snow and ice are frequent visitors at this time of year. It's foot gear that goes on over shoes/boots to give you traction. You can see pictures at the website:

http://yaktrax.com/products.aspx

My daughter and son-in-law each have the "Pro" product for their outdoor winter activities including walking their dog. After hearing the kids rave about them, I went out and purchased the "Walker" style yesterday. I haven't tried them out yet because the sidewalks and streets are clean now. I'm 60, overweight, and very nervous as I walk slowly and carefully in the snow and in icy conditions. Based on what dd and sil say, I feel this product is what I need when I go out. Btw, they are not intended for indoor use, but they are easy to put on and take off. I plan to carry a bag with me to put them in when I go into stores, movie theaters, and the like.

You can find them at sports stores like Dick's, Sports Authority, etc. Find retailers near you on the website. You can also order them online. The online prices are what we paid for ours at local stores. The clerk at Sports Authority said yesterday that these have been flying off the shelves.
CM diagnosis 1/09, prognosis 12/09
mswa

Re: YakTrax

Postby Janice » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:14 pm

Interesting devise, especially for people who live in areas of snowfall and ice. Thanks for sharing!

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Return to Equipment/Accessibility