worst flare ever

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

worst flare ever

Postby Sandy » Fri May 25, 2007 3:51 pm

this is by far the worst flare up i've had since i was dx with the ugly sm, 10 yrs+ now.

the rightelbow has been crushed with a sledgehammer, can't swallow, legs won't work. can't eat, feel like throwing up every minute. can't sleep.

i thought about going to thehospital but know they won't/can't do anything and i can' ttake sitting there for hrs. waiting ot be seen.

of course i'm under enough stress to kill a cow right now too.

to be honest i'm about ready to call it quits. i'm wondering if it's rally worth it today. idon't know how much more i can take.

sandy
Sandy

Postby kittb » Fri May 25, 2007 4:10 pm

Sandy, please hang in there! I know it hurts right now, a lot, but that is the nature of our condition. I remember going to the hospital, for hours and hours, and I appreciate your feeling that they won't do anything, except maybe tell you that they've discovered something in your spine-but no guarantees that they'll even do the appropriate tests to determine that. You are important to me and to others in our situation! When the pain gets really bad for me, I feel like it can't get any worse, but after time the pain abates-or at least, lessens! Where is Ken right now? Is he able to comfort you? Please hang on!
kittb
If you ever lose yourself, call on me and we'll be lost together-Kitt
kittb

Postby Ryzing » Fri May 25, 2007 4:14 pm

Sandy,

Sorry to hear things are getting you down so low. Please know we are all thinking about you and praying things get better soon. We SM'ers know exactly how devastating this condition can be - so we're all on your team!

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby Sandy » Fri May 25, 2007 4:45 pm

ken's here. he can' tdo anythign. i now know why dr. keveorkian helpsed one of our kindout.

it'll pass. dthank youfor caring about me.

sandy
Sandy

Postby specialmomx2 » Fri May 25, 2007 6:18 pm

Oh Sandy,

I am so sorry you are feeling so low. You know there is a person here with an uncanny wit who can make anyone feel good -even in their darkest hour. Hopefully she'll come in and say something silly to cheer you up.

Oh wait. That's you!

I'll be praying that this flare passes quickly and you have some good days. We love you and need you.

-Paula
specialmomx2

Postby kiminfla » Fri May 25, 2007 7:19 pm

Sandy, So sorry to hear you're feeling so bad. I pray this will pass quickly and you'll be feeling better soon. You're in my prayers. Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby sylvester » Fri May 25, 2007 9:30 pm

Sandy,
I'm so sorry you're having such a bad time. Sending gentle hugs and many prayers that you'll be better soon. You've sent plenty of them to the rest of us, it's time to get some of them back. Let us know how you feel tomorrow.

Anne
sylvester

Postby Debbieducati » Fri May 25, 2007 9:50 pm

Sandy I know how you feel. Please hang in there. It too will pass. You need to have someone to contact when this happens. There are doctors out there that will help when we have flair ups. I glad you contacted this sight. That is what we are here for, to help each other. You do need to see someone, especialy if your legs are not working. Please have someone take you. Let us know how it goes. It will get better. Life is to short as it is. If you need someone just to talk to you are welcome to call me. 925-371-1581 or cell 925-337-0484. I live in Calfironia but right now I am in Colorado visiting my sister. Call if you want. Love to all.

Debbieducati.

SM C5-7
Debbieducati

Postby petsmom » Fri May 25, 2007 11:02 pm

Oh Sandy!! Hang on Lady. No one here takes one of these flare ups lightly.
I am trying to be in one myself right now. Not sure how much of symptoms are the syrinx but I went ahead and started a Prednisone protocol and some of spine has eased.

And yes I have days that have me wondering why the heck i am still doing this and really don;t want to. I grab my Ativan and make myself sleep. And I Pray a whole lot!!

So now sister I will send up Prayers to the Creator for you and pray for you to be strong and the Pain to cease.

Amen
I am not my disorder. It does not define me as a Person.
DDD, SM thoracic
petsmom

Postby daynthelife » Fri May 25, 2007 11:09 pm

Hey Sandy...I just saw this...I'm so sorry you are having a bad time of it...I hate these dang flare ups!!!! :( I wish I could be there with you and help you with anything I could. You know I'm here and thinking of you. I'll talk to you soon.

much luv for you mountain girl,

Kathy
daynthelife

Postby petsmom » Fri May 25, 2007 11:11 pm

Sandy, I noticed the topic on heat and that many have problems with the heat. The heat affects me as if I have MS, fries my wiring bad.

Have you tried icing your spine?? Cold showers?? Just in case it could be the heat messing with you. Worth a try if you haven't. When my spine gets really angry everything goes thru the roof with pain and symptoms. Worse in hot weather.

Give the cold a try and see. I think He just gave me this message to send you!

Dawn
I am not my disorder. It does not define me as a Person.
DDD, SM thoracic
petsmom

Postby Snoozie » Fri May 25, 2007 11:54 pm

Oh Sandy, I am so sorry to hear you are so down. I will make the cheesecake for you this time ok?

What kind of topping do you want? We love you girl and I hope you are better tomorrow...Sue
Snoozie

Postby Sandy » Sat May 26, 2007 8:23 am

thank you guys for your support and prayers (and cheesecake and stuff too). this stuff sucks but at least i'm not alone and others truly know what it's like.

now, could somebody please release the bear trap that hs my shoulder in it?

it's a new day. and i deeply appreciate myfriends, thisis a wonderful support group to turn to when in need.

love,
sandy
Sandy

Postby kiminfla » Sat May 26, 2007 5:57 pm

Hey Sandy, Tell that bear to pick on someone else. Doesn't he know you would have gladly given him a piece of cheesecake if he'd ask -- he didn't have to wrestle you to the ground for it! :shock: I pray things are improving for you! You know we're here for you! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby kittb » Sat May 26, 2007 7:24 pm

Sandy, how are you feeling today? I'm hoping and praying that you're feeling better.
kittb
If you ever lose yourself, call on me and we'll be lost together-Kitt
kittb

Next

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders