Support the Tutrow Team!

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Support the Tutrow Team!

Postby Sara » Sat May 22, 2010 10:15 am

Lori Tutrow is a regular board participant here at ASAP. She and her family have gone above and beyond and organized a walk in Indiana which is taking place today. If you would like to show your support you can donate to http://www.firstgiving.com/teamtutrow while they are out walking today!

Good luck and special thanks for their efforts in promoting awareness and raising funds for the cause!

Sara
Sara
Site Admin

Re: Support the Tutrow Team!

Postby lttutrow » Sat May 22, 2010 9:06 pm

Thank you Sara, and thank you for all you do for ASAP!!!
I'm not sure of all of our totals yet, and we still have donations coming in, but meeting new people, sharing stories, and spreading awareness made it a huge success!!!

For those who are considering doing a walk or ASAP fundraiser, I just wanted to share how simple ASAP makes it. From the start, they offered as much help as I might need, and I let them know I needed a lot :) ! They gave us an outline of suggestions of how to organize the walk, a letter to give to businesses to solicit sponsorships, developed our flyer, handled the insurance and sent us a waiver form, sent emails to those in their membership to invite them, ordered and shipped us our t-shirts, and even sent personal thank you's for those who donated online!!! I work full time and am caring for two kiddos with this, and so it would have been impossible for us to host a walk without this level of support from ASAP. The time I spent on the walk was in recruiting people to walk/donate, which was easily done with the tools ASAP gave us. I had always been too afraid that I wouldn't have the time it would take to organize a walk without a large group of people locally to help, but ASAP handled everything for us! If you are thinking about doing a walk or fundraiser, ASAP gives you tons of help to make it a success. Together We Can!!!!!!!
lttutrow

Postby Lipper5 » Sat May 22, 2010 11:56 pm

I contacted them about maybe doing a walk. I received an email from someone that asked what day and time would be good to get back to me and I told them and I never heard anything again. Any suggestions?
Lipper5

Postby Sara » Sun May 23, 2010 6:49 am

I am very sorry you did not hear back. Do you remember who you emailed at ASAP? Our staff is very good at getting back to people but of course they are human like everyone else and sometimes they lose track of an email. Resend it again just to make sure it didn't get accidentally sent to junk mail or lost in the shuffle. If you email a person, cc it to info@asap.org as well. Feel free to email me at Sara_Patterson@ASAP.org and I will make sure the appropriate person contacts you.

Sara
Sara
Site Admin

Postby Lipper5 » Sun May 23, 2010 7:36 am

That is OK. Not your fault and I do understand. This is the info from the email- Michael F. Scarpone, MS CEO
Lipper5

Return to Pediatrics