New Pillow & Hot/Cold Cape

Questions and information about accessibility, equipment and related issues.

Moderator: pmaxwell

New Pillow & Hot/Cold Cape

Postby *Hope* » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:27 am

Hello everyone! I wanted to pass on a couple of new things that I've found. I posted this in another forum and Janice was kind enough to remind me that this would be a great place to pass on the info.

I'm not sure if we've discussed the "cloud pillow" before, but I found it at Walgreens and figured it was worth a shot. I've only had it for a few days but I love it. The best way I can describe the filling is that it has beads like those U-shaped travel pillows that you can get at the airport. (There is another version that is buckwheat filled, but this is not like that. This one is filled with tiny beads) It has a separate compartment for the area around the head and I really like that I can squish the beads around the sore spots and get support differently each day if needed. I know these won't help everyone, but if you're looking for a new pillow, then it might be worth a shot:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product ... U=17217160

This other product is one that I have not tried. I have ordered online from Lakeside before and some of their stuff is great and some is cheap, but nothing is expensive so I guess it's to be expected. I thought of all of you when I saw that this could be used for heat or cold and I know many use both. The coverage area looks pretty good and it's cheap. Might be worth trying. Let us know if you decide to get one and how it works for you:

http://www.lakeside.com/Hot/Cold-Therap ... 002011TW24

I hope these help someone! :)

PS- I've had the pillow a little longer now and I'm still in love. It takes a little getting used to with adjusting it just right since every night is different with my neck & head pain, but it's TOTALLY worth it. It's also great for watching tv on your side. Place a regular, flatter pillow under it, and this one conforms to your head and neck to provide the right support without any pressure on your shoulder. (I have shoulder pain too.) Be sure to use the pillow case that comes with it as this will keep the beads from spreading out too much. I hope at least one person has the good experience with it that I've had.
Last edited by *Hope* on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
CM1
*Hope*

Re: New Pillow & Hot/Cold Cape

Postby Icequeen32 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:21 pm

Im definately going to try and find a pillow like that...My shoulders been acting up recently. Thanx so much for posting this! The hot/cold cape site didnt go thru--do u know what its made of or the brand name its called? Thanx again! Take care!
sm T10-L1 and another within conus, trigeminal neuralgia, tmj, bulging dics, silent sinus syndrome, fibromyalgia, mild scoliosis, bursitis/tendonitis and impingement syndrome, sleep apnea/hypopnia
Icequeen32

Postby karenb » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:59 pm

Hi Hope,

A friend just gave me a hot/cold cape this weekend. I haven't tried it yet. How has yours been working out?

Karen
karenb

Postby *Hope* » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:53 am

Hey guys! I haven't checked this post in a while, and I'm sorry it took me so long to respond! I don't know what the deal was w/the links or why they stopped working. I updated and they're working for now. ;) I haven't gotten a cape yet, but I think I may be ordering one soon. I still use the pillow, but am a little frustrated with how small it is. It didn't bother me at first, but I woke up next to the pillow w/no support and that was NO GOOD. The pillow is great, but I want a bigger version. It's my giant head's fault I tell ya! ;)
CM1
*Hope*

Return to Equipment/Accessibility