Success in Connecticut!!! Finally......

Questions, answers and discussion relating to insurance and Social Security.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Success in Connecticut!!! Finally......

Postby tattoodlb1 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Well ya'll, I FINALLY got disability! My hearing was today and a friend brought me and all went well during the hour drive, but my tailbone has been acting up and making sitting a "pain".. so today was a good day for it to act up.

The hearing was set up like a court room on TV, except all of the folks have computers. It was recorded by microphone into one server with a "recorder lady". I was told to speak loudly, clearly and focus on the judge. The attorney "prepped" me for a judge we were supposed to have and at the last minute, we were told that we were having a new judge; which seemed to frazzle my attorney but it all worked out.

The judge talked to me mostly which was a surprise (to both my attorney and I); so we were asked to leave and 1/2 hour later, the judge called us back into the room and read what is called a "bench decision". Which means instant approval. She was even so thorough as to say that she didn't know what "Sryringomyelia" was, so she looked it up and we discussed it a bit and she looked like she felt badly. At any rate, my attorney was so surprised that we got a decision so fast he was like almost crying!!! I think he expected more from me, but I was beat and said "I'm still in shock"... so he took that and well, I'm back home, letting everyone know.

The best advice: TELL YOUR DOCTORS HOW YOU FEEL and MAKE SURE they DOCUMENT IT IN YOUR RECORD!!!! just how you say it, too. That is what helped me and that is what my attorney said.
Syringomyelia entire spinal cord including throughout conus, Chiari ? Hemangioma T2, Multiple Tarlov cysts; Empty sella & degenerative disc disease entire spine.. severe Fibromyalgia (central cord hypersensitivity).
tattoodlb1

Re: Success in Connecticut!!! Finally......

Postby razzle » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:03 am

congrats to you I read that on FB
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby tennesseewalker » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:52 pm

Couldn't you just cry with relief? It's been a long hard fight for you. I'm so glad you got approved!
Mary
Genetic CM/SM (me, my son, my twin sister and both of her daughters), RSD of right arm.
tennesseewalker

Postby keggler 1 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Great news.....Treat yourself to something special. God is good.

Later...Jerry in Carolina...
ACM S/M BI Hiatal Hernia EDS III Successful PDF 2007 Dr Rosner
keggler 1

Postby powerlineman » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:35 pm

Glad you got it and my situation went the same way. It was all court-circuit t.v. with one lady reporting and the judge and a lady that looked up my utility linework background and she really did her homework by knowing I'd never be hired and couldnt do my job. My lawyer said "dont expect a decision today" but since the state was so prepared the judge ruled right away and I almost cried as well. I could fell all the pressure come off my shoulders.

Its good to hear stories like this.
SM only (C2-T1, T10-T12)-Cervical Post Operative Radiculopathy-Degenerative Disc Disease-Anxiety-Depression-Chronic Fatigue-Osteoarthritis-Bulging Discs (T5-T7)-Sarcoidosis-Spina Bifida
powerlineman

Postby lulu_211 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:36 pm

i would like to find out how everyone can write a letter to president of asap,ask if the board of medical doctors can write to the main federal office of ssd to explain these diseases cm and sm and that there is no cure yet.i know the president of als organization wrote to ssd and now there is a automatic approval under compassion decision for people with als to get ssd without a wait.most mds/judges and ssd officers do not know or understand this disease.does anyone have any suggestions.be well smt7-10.degenerative disc disease/fibromyalgia/tunnel carpalsyndrome both wrists/8 herniated discs/fighting disease since2001.
lulu_211

Return to Disability Insurance Issues