Forhead pain or swelling?

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Forhead pain or swelling?

Postby lhaight » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:13 am

My son had decompression surgery in August 2010. He has done really well so far. However, he started complaining about headaches again this week. His headaches have always been located more in the front around his forehead. Yesterday when he came home from school I went to feel his forhead for a temperature and found that it was swollen. I asked him if he had fallen and he said no. Has anyone else had swelling of the forehead? I am calling his doctor today, but I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience? Thanks for any information anyone can share!
lhaight

Re: Forhead pain or swelling?

Postby youngwife » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:21 am

I am sorry your son is having symptoms again. My daughter with Chiari, frequently will have a "lumpy" forehead and/or a puffy face when her ICP is elevated.

I hope his doctor will take you seriously, and investigate the symptoms that he is having.

((HUGS))

Rebecca
Homeschooling mom to 6 wonderful blessings from the Lord. ~ "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." - Ephesians 4:29
youngwife

Postby lhaight » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:18 pm

Sorry what is ICP level? I am sort of new to all of this. Thanks!
lhaight

Postby razzle » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:18 pm

Intracranial pressure
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby lhaight » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:53 pm

We took him to the pediatrician thinking that the swelling might be just a sinus infection. However the pediatrician didn't really think he had a sinus infection. He has been better this weekend, but his shoulders are now leaning again. We hadn't seen that since after the first few months of surgery. So we will be calling the neuro surgeon tomorrow.
I think maybe he has just been overdoing it in PE. They had tumbling last week. He didn't do rolls, but he did do cartwheels. Probably not ready for that just yet:)
lhaight

Return to Pediatrics