Hey it's me

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Hey it's me

Postby Amy Joe » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:36 pm

Once again I am sorry for not being around much. This old body of mine just keeps giving out on me. In the little times I am feeling half myself, well you know...I have to clean.

Dogs keep me busy. My poor Reese has been very sick but on the mend. Of all things...Lupus. You know when the medical text books show the worst cases....that's what is face, nose, ears and feet looked like. For a few days I really thought we would lose him. The medication is working, our vet is awesome. Once his skin lesions are healed I am going to work with my trainer to change his diet over to a raw / all natural diet. The other guys are great!

I did a long weekend of foster care for what our city thought was a stray. Little black lad/pit mix about 10-12 weeks old. OMG that was fun but very tiering. As it turns out this little guy slipped out of his collar and wondered off. The owner is a very ill man with a heart condition. Bruno was a gift from his sister to cheer him up. After a home visit and educational talk about proper puppy care they 2 were re-united! Happy happy ending. I hope to see the little guy again.

It's been very difficult for me lately. Physically really struggle. Mentally I am ok...well at least I think so! I can not have any further testing until my Thyroid gets under control....which takes weeks each time a new dose is given. My body feels like it 99 years old most days.

I do stop in and read...Love you all!

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Re: Hey it's me

Postby tinliz » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi Amy Joe.....so good to have you sign on and write. I too have not written much of late (will explain at a later date...health, job, stuff like that) but I do check in almost daily to keep up on the latest information that so many of you share. Back to you Amy Joe.....sorry to read that your health is making you feel like you have a body of a 99 year old but it sounds like with all that you are doing taking care of your dogs and foster dogs you have a pretty big heart....and that is why so many of us read what you write and wish you only the best.

Please continue to take care of yourself and know that we are all rooting for you to feel better....and as our weather improves here in the northeast ( USA for those of you living outside of the USA!) my your health improve too!
love,
tinliz
tinliz

Postby wendi » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:50 am

Thanks for checking in. We do worry when we don't hear from you. I do hope the thryoid thing gets fixed soon and Reese is better too!

Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby kiminfla » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:40 am

Amy Joe, So sorry to read of your continued struggles. Wishing you brighter days, my friend! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby tinliz » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:01 pm

Amy Joe,
It has been a week since you started this subject AND I am hoping you are feeling better and that Reese is continuing to improve too.
Take care and have a good Easter!
tinliz
tinliz

Postby marymac » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:31 am

I'll miss you.
Good luck.
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

"Every day is a gift: Thats why it's called the Present"
marymac

Postby syrinx48 » Sun May 15, 2011 6:35 am

Hi Amy Joe,

It has been quite a while since we heard from you, hope you are doing ok, considering. Love to hear from you, for I am getting a bit worried.

Annemarie
syrinx48

Return to ASAP Lounge