Nose bleed?

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Nose bleed?

Postby marymac » Sat May 14, 2011 7:14 am

Hi Ho All and happy Saturday/weekend to you.
I looked for this subject, as it's "yucky" but I'm concerned. Ran just a couple errands yesterday midday. Nothing unusual, or so I thought. Then bent over just half way to fold laundry and felt my nose "drip". . . like when sinuses run. I was stunned to see blood come out. Tried to get my clothes off so they wouldn't stain and blood poured out. Sat down with ice on it, thought about a million things, then sat the rest of the evening. Had the usual HA but nothing else. Haven't had it since.
Anybody else experience this type thing? Any suggestions would be a start.
Thanks ya'll.
Have the best day you can.
Love, hugs, fake smiles
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

"Every day is a gift: Thats why it's called the Present"
marymac

Re: Nose bleed?

Postby razzle » Sat May 14, 2011 9:21 am

nosebleeds can be from nasal membranes drying out, which causes them to crust over and crack. Individuals living in dry climates are more prone to these types of nosebleeds. these nosebleeds are more common in the winter, when indoor air is dry too . Medications cause nosebleeds too especially asprin. I would nt worry about it If they keep up then I would see a Dr. dont worry so much. R :P
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby marymac » Sat May 14, 2011 10:38 am

Thx Roz, that's all I needed to hear!
Smiles
m
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

marymac

Postby karenb » Tue May 17, 2011 12:20 am

Mary,

Razzle hit the nail on the head (the nose?) in her response. The common cold can also be a trigger for nosebleeds, since it also dries out the membranes (even though they don't feel it).

FYI, there was an English folk remedy for nosebleeds in the newspaper today: placie a cold key (meaning an old, heavy 8-inch key) against the back of the neck for a few minutes. Since most of us don't have this gadgets readily available, it said to try a cold butter knife, or even a cold compress against the back of the neck.

Good luck!

Karen
karenb

Postby syrinx48 » Tue May 17, 2011 10:52 am

My daughter had nose bleeds from the time she was at the age of half a year. I thought she was picking her nose with her tiny little fingers, and I did everything in my power to protect that. With no luck.
We went to an ENT, and she couldn't do anything about it. The nose bleeds were quite severe, and she told us to put pure vaseline on her little finger and stick it in her nose. That made the membranes in her nose very soft, and prevend forming of crust (?) in her nose, together with something cold in neck. The nosebleeds only occur now at night when she sleeps. My daughter is now 18!

Annemarie
syrinx48

Postby marymac » Tue May 17, 2011 7:21 pm

Thank you for your calming and reassuring information. Now no worries, uh huh.
Smiles
Marymac
Marymac

marymac

Return to ASAP Lounge