Too Much To Take In

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Too Much To Take In

Postby hikealaska » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:06 pm

Last edited by hikealaska on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karen
"People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get, and there's nothing any of us can do about it." - House
hikealaska

Re: Too Much To Take In

Postby June » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:50 pm

Karen - I don't know about good advice, but I just had to let you know that I sympathize. I remember the volleyball incident--unbelievable! Whatever happened to that man? And I'm sorry to hear that your stimulator hasn't been dealing with the pain as much as usual, but I'm convinced that more stress means more pain. At least I think that is true for me.

So sorry that this is happening to you. You must have worked very long and hard to get to your present position. Could professional jealousy be at work here with these other managers? And I hope you are wrong about the company wanting to get rid of you, but some big corporations are like that. Do you have a mentor or anyone in upper management that you can talk with about this? Someone needs to hear your side.

In the end, I think your tag line says it all. Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon.

June
June

Postby hikealaska » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:53 am

June,

The man is still my boss. It gets under my skin that he has never apologized for that whole thing.

I'm feeling a bit better now, I have a pain management shot this morning and talked to someone in HR last night.
Karen
"People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get, and there's nothing any of us can do about it." - House
hikealaska

Postby June » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:47 pm

Karen - I'm glad to see you say that you are feeling a bit better. Re: your boss--the man's a jerk! Focus on jumping the line and being HIS boss someday. Wouldn't that be fun?! Anyway, I hope HR was helpful and the shot, too.

Take care of yourself,
June
June

Postby karenb » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:25 am

Karen,

I'm glad to read you're feeling better. Keep hanging in there!

(((hugs)))

Karen
karenb

Return to ASAP Lounge