Friendly Reminder about those 'other' Doctors' appointments

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Friendly Reminder about those 'other' Doctors' appointments

Postby hegnauea » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi all,

I had been putting off some 'other' doctors appointments (meaning appointments not related to my SM/CM/maybe EDS etc.). Because 1) I really hate going to the doctor and wanted to just hide out from them 2)I get really anxious when tests are run and am awaiting results 3) Somewhere in my mind is the rationale that statistically, having something else major go wrong is unlikely (STUPID!).

Anyway I finally went to a dermatologist to look at moles that changed when I was pregnant in 2009. After she biopsied two of them I realized how dumb I was. They both came back benign, but I will be making it part of my regular round of appointments (I am moley). Skin cancer is one of those things that can pretty easily be caught early and taken care of, so why put it off? So that my anxiety over my moles can build over a year and a half? Somehow I had convinced myself this was ok!

Off to the eye doctor tomorrow!
Hugs to everyone,
Ab
SM C5 - C6, CM 0, EDS evaluation in Sept.
hegnauea

Re: Friendly Reminder about those 'other' Doctors' appointments

Postby karenb » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Ab,

Don't forget to have those mammy's grammed as well!

Karen (another procrastinator)
karenb

Return to ASAP Lounge