Breast biopsy

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Breast biopsy

Postby judyg » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:19 am

Hi,
I have not posted in quite awhile but as others have said, I do stop in from time to time and read posts. My SM is about the same - good days and not so good days.
I'm currently waiting to hear results from a breast biopsy. I'm facing surgery either way but am hoping that surgery is all I'm going to need.

My problem was found on a routine screening mammogram and I wanted to remind everyone to be sure to have their yearly mammograms. They're not fun but necessary.
Take care. I'll post more when I know more. Judy
judyg

Re: Breast biopsy

Postby karenb » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:17 pm

Hi Judy,

It's good to hear from you - I'd been getting worried.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this.

((((hugs))))

Karen
karenb

Postby kiminfla » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:11 am

Prayers that all will be well! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby judyg » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:15 pm

Karen and Kim, Thank you for your good thoughts and prayers.

I'm having surgery to remove a suspious area/lump from my right breast on July 28th. Had a core needle biopsy that came back benign but the radiologist and surgeon both do not like how the area looks and strongly suggested that it be taken out. I wanted it out no matter what anyway.
The surgeon will do a lumpectomy and if the biopsy comes back benign that no more procedures needed. If not, we cross that bridge if it happens.

At consult, surgeon said the area was 17mm on mammo and 7mm on ultrasound - this is what i remember but it may be reversed. That darn 'deer in the headlights'........ The surgeon said she would have to take an area about the size of an egg..... no lymph nodes done on 7/28 but if needed she'd have to go back in and biopsy nodes.

Will do my best to keep you updated.
judyg

Postby kiminfla » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:00 am

Sounds like you have a great attitude about it and I'm sure that will serve you well! Yes, please do update as you can. We're be cheering for you! Be blessed, KIm
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby wendi » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:59 pm

I too hope all goes well with you. It is always better safe then sorry. I am always reminding everyone, friends and family to get their boobies squished! I lost a sissy to the Breast Cancer and I am a huge proponent of telling people to get them done. You hang in there!

Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby Mama_Darwin » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:42 pm

Judy, what became of your excisional biopsy? I had a large benign breast thingee surgically removed three or four years ago.

Last week, at my regular checkup at the breast center, two areas were found which require biopsies December 28th. This syringomyelia nonsense is quite enough without having to deal with a cancer scare too.

There ought to be a one-major-illness-per-person limit on life.
Idiopathic SM (baby syrinx in the C1-C2 neighborhood, just 2-3mm x 1cm). No CM.
I'm fumby and stumbly. Gabapentin (Neurontin) is my best friend.

http://madsack.wordpress.com/
Mama_Darwin

Postby Mama_Darwin » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:02 am

My breast doctor (he calls himself a surgical oncologist - i call him a breast doctor) called me personally yesterday and told me that my biopsies came back benign. When he identified himself on the phone i was terrified! He's never called personally before! Anyhow, all good news. He wants me to come back in three months for another ultrasound exam. Hooray for good news to start the year!
Idiopathic SM (baby syrinx in the C1-C2 neighborhood, just 2-3mm x 1cm). No CM.
I'm fumby and stumbly. Gabapentin (Neurontin) is my best friend.

http://madsack.wordpress.com/
Mama_Darwin

Postby JeffinMI77 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:14 am

I so happy for you and your GREAT NEWS!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
syrinx x2 T7-T8 to T9, and T11-T12 to T12-L1...also bulging disc at T4-T5, T6-T7, and T8-T9.
JeffinMI77

Postby karenb » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:15 pm

Judy,

What a GREAT WAY to start the New Year!

Toot!!! Tweet!!! Happy New Year!!!

Karen
karenb

Return to ASAP Lounge