5 MORE DAYS TO SAN FRANCISCO HERE I COME

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

5 MORE DAYS TO SAN FRANCISCO HERE I COME

Postby wendi » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:12 pm

and thank goodness as it is sooo hot here in PA as is much of the country. My DH checks his phone daily and it is 65 degrees in SF right now, nice! I am so looking forward to my trip. Hooray! First VA CAY in 7 years! I will keep you informed. We leave right from Allentown to Chicago, Ugh, I hate O'hare, to SF, coming back thru Dulles, in DC on the 29th. We are staying at the Fairmont on California st. I have looked online and it is beautiful. I feel like crap, but will feel better once I am off work.

Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Re: 5 MORE DAYS TO SAN FRANCISCO HERE I COME

Postby dtyree » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:27 pm

Jelousy, is coming out all over me!! SF is a beautiful place. Try to see everything, ride the cable cars, Fisherman's Warf, so much to do. Enjoy and have the best of times. Take drugs if you need to.

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby karenb » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:33 pm

I left my heart.... in San Francisco.... do-do-do do-do do-do-do...

Have a great time!
karenb

Postby wendi » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:20 am

Oh, don't worry Dave, there will be lots of drugs. I made sure my pain mgt appt is tomorrow. My stuff is getting laid out on the bed. My drugs will be in my purse and the CPAP in the carry on luggage just in case. Since it will be 100 today and the next three days, that 60 degree weather sounds heavenly.

Thanks so much guys!

I am thinking sour dough bread, Sees and Ghiradelli Chocklate, riding the Trolly is cheaper then the cable cars, the Golden Gate bridge and Lombard street, (the crookedest street in the world) sounds like some of our spines? My DH loves seafood, so he can have that, not my thing. I was born there and have not been back in 25 years.

Will tell you all about it. Later..............
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby Janice » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:59 am

WOW! I've never been there before. I wish I could meet up with you there. DH has promised to take me but since then, all my kids have gone and recently my granddaughter went and bought me jelly beans back. If I could meet you there, sounds like you'd know all the best places to go!

You definitely deserve this vacation! ENJOY! Have enough fun for all of us. Enjoy the yummy chocolate, eat some for me! I'm so happy for Wendi, and I hope you & DH have the best time!

You're passing through my hometown, Chicago. O' hare can definitely be quite a pill, always has been. Thank goodness the city has much more to offer!

SAFE travels & FUN times!
Wishing you both all the best!
Love you, hugs!

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby wendi » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:15 am

Oh, Janice, I do wish I was coming down to So Cal so I could see you. That would be so awesome! I had to go to Chicago for my training and livied in a Sheraton in Arlington Hts for 10 days back in 2004. This was in Jan, so I bet going to Chicago in a different part of the year would have been much better. It was sooooo cold! Here in PA it gets cold, but nothing like that! I was not prepared. I was stuck at O'Hare for 10 hours when I went home or tried to get home. It was a nightmare. I just hope we make it out there. My flight gets there at 10am and our connection leaves at 10:40, but it is the same terminal, so that is good.

We will have fun. I am going to make myself have a good time, no matter how I feel. We are going to rent a Harley one day for a ride on the coast. My DH is dying to do that. We have a formal Gala one night and our performer is top secret. I will let you know who it is when I get back. Last year when they went to NY, they had Ellis Island all to themselves and it was Keith Urban. Another year it was Bon Jovi.

Wendi
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby razzle » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:08 am

Have fun too ...
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby kiminfla » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:07 am

Wendi, Can't wait to hear all about it upon your return! Have soooo much fun! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby wendi » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:56 pm

Well, I am back to work, sigh. I really could have stayed longer. The trip with all the walking etc was a drain on me, but I would not have missed it for the world. We stayed at the very top of Nob Hill, about 2 blocks from China Town. We were on the 17th floor, so we had an amazing view of the city and the bay (once the fog cleared) We were stuck on the tarmac in Allentown for an hour and then had another 2 hour delay at O'hare, so we did not get there till 3. We went to the hospitality room to pick up our packets and get some refreshments, then up to the room to unpack. This place was just beautiful. You can Google Fairmont, San Francisco and take a virtual tour. That night they had a welcome dinner, we took up 3 hotels, so each group of us had our own dinner in our hotels. Wonderful food and all the drinks you want in the Grand Ballroom. I was up at 3am, which is 6am my time. The only drawback was no coffee maker in the room. They put it out in the lobby at 4am, so I had to wait an hour. The next morning, I was too late for coffee.

Every morning we had a breakfast buffet with pretty much anything you want to eat. They had an omelet bar one morning. fabulous baked goods and fresh squeezed juice and array of fresh fruit. Tuesday, we went to the Ferry building at Fisherman's wharf and took a walking, eating tour and then got to shop for goodies for an hour and half. That night was our Gala. They bused all of us to City Hall for a catered dinner and then we walked THREE BLOCKS IN HEELS! not a good thing! We went to Symphony Hall for Recognition and speeches and then they had Dean Winters. He does the Mayhem ads on TV? They interviewed him and showed his career, including his ads and the new ones coming out. Then we had our surprise performance! A private concert with CARRIE UNDERWOOD! I love, love, love her! I was so jazzed! My DH took some pics, that I did not look at yet. She played all the songs I liked, but missed the one he wanted. Then more awful walking to the bus. When we got back to the hotel, we feel into bed. This is why I missed the coffee in the lobby.

Wednesday we rented a Harley and drove down the coast to Santa Cruz and froze our patooties off! But it was beautiful! We came back up and stopped for dinner in Half Moon Bay and ate a Sam's Chowder House. I don't like seafood, but DH does. They say the Today show says they have the top 5 lobster roll in the country and DH says it is true. I had the Rib Eye and it filled my plate. It was served with the best aspargus I have ever eaten. It was very thin and grilled. To die for! I took the rest of my steak back to the Hotel and DH had it for a morning snack B4 Breakfast.

Thursday, we took the bike down to Fisherman's Wharf. I parked DH on a bench, and shopping I did go. Without him to complain, I had a ball. I came back to the bench and he was happy and so was I. We drove up the street and found it blocked off by Ghiardelli Square. You will find out later why. We had to drive the bike straight up a San Fran hill. Jeepers! It was fun, but scary. DH is pretty good, but the hills and the trolley/cable car tracks and a motorcycle, Yikes! We took the scenic route down to the end and could see Alcatraz, but the Golden Gate was fogged up! Drats! We drove the bike back to the dealer and shopped there some more for friends and us. They took us back to the hotel. Our last night was a Good bye dinner at Ghirdelli Square (The streets of San Francisco) When the bus let us off at the stree we saw earlier, they had dragon dancers and chinese music. We were given a map. They had booths with food and more booths with booze and more and more. Then you go into the chinese resteraunt for garlic noodles, dumplings and spring rolls. Then up one level to mariachi players and mexican food, taquitos, tacos, quacamole, ole! Then we had ice cream with Ghiradelli Hot fudge. We could have eaten Italian and gone to the Diner and had cupcakes, but we were full to bursting. We had 3 hours to eat and drink as much as we wanted! I bought a wooden bracelet and dolphin there to remember it by.

The next day, time to go home. Up for breakfast at 6am. On the bus at 10am, Pacific time. Home by Midnight, Eastern Time.

I am pooped! I stayed on the couch all weekend! It is 3 here now and when my help comes back. I am headed for home to fold laundry and collapse.

Talk to you soon!
Wendi
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby kiminfla » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:32 am

Sounds like you had a FABULOUS time! So glad you enjoyed yourself! Sorry you had to get back to work...it sounds like you could have used some rest! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby wendi » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:04 am

Oh, yes. I had my computer worked on while I was gone. My passwords did not work, I had missing things. I mailed my rent check to my health insurance and vice versa. It was a Monday from H-E, double L Hockey sticks! My what can you do. I am behind and need to get back to it. Thanks for your kind words. I want more Va Kay now.....
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Return to ASAP Lounge