the olg man of the group..NO.CALIF

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

the olg man of the group..NO.CALIF

Postby frank1 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:44 am

i feel like the old man in the group. i am 68yo and it looks like one of the few males. aren't their any senior citizens around or dont we live this long with sx. whats up?
anyone in no.ca.?
frank
frank1

Re: the olg man of the group..NO.CALIF

Postby razzle » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:15 pm

your funny Frank , I am right behind ya . I am 61 but in Iowa sorry . I plan on living a full life if God will let me. Roz

also there are alot of folks on here from California , Janice is . Just put california in search box and see what comes up.
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby karenb » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi Frank,

There was a huge discussion awhile back about why the men in the group are so quiet... maybe it's just the Mars / Venus thing...

It's kind of funny, because the first information I was given about SM was that it primarily affected men and was usually diagnosed during their teenage years!

I can't help you with Northern CA, but I bet you'll find more folks there than I can find in southern New Mexico!

Karen
karenb

Postby gunflint » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:45 am

Frank,
I'm just a kid at 54. In my case everything is relatively new so I hesitate to offer any advice. I'm still trying to absorb as much as I can. It was and still is, hard for me to ask for advice from people I don't know. I'm not used to doing that. However we all share something here. Some call it a disorder, some call it a disease, I call it "the ride." In the short time I've been here, these people have changed my future and my outlook so I cut myself a little slack.
gunflint

Postby wendi » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi Frank:

I am originally from NO. Calif. I just got back from a trip out to San Fran. It was wondeful. I have not been out west in 25 years. Well, I was in Sacremento about 15 years ago, but San Fran was 25. I had to take more meds, but I had a blast. I live in PA and have since 1988. I am knocking on the back door of 50. You will find our group is more women then men, but the ages vary from 16-77, I believe was the oldest I saw here. Who cares about age, we are a great group of people who are here for you and the internet makes it a small world indeed right?

Where in CA do you live? I was born in Marin County, was raised up near Redding, then moved down to San Clemente with a stint in between in Hawaii. I have been around. I also lived in Idaho, S. Carolina and Louisiana. No, I am not an army brat, just a wild life that I need to write a book about before I forget all my adventures. Between CM and some brain cell killing I have done in my youth, they may be sooner than I think.

Welcome aboard!

Wendi in PA
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby powerlineman » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Not many of us men here. I have been gone lately but when I first started posting there really wasn't any men here.
SM only (C2-T1, T10-T12)-Cervical Post Operative Radiculopathy-Degenerative Disc Disease-Anxiety-Depression-Chronic Fatigue-Osteoarthritis-Bulging Discs (T5-T7)-Sarcoidosis-Spina Bifida
powerlineman

Return to ASAP Lounge