the olg man of the group..NO.CALIF

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

the olg man of the group..NO.CALIF

Postby frank1 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:44 am

i feel like the old man in the group. i am 68yo and it looks like one of the few males. aren't their any senior citizens around or dont we live this long with sx. whats up?
anyone in

Re: the olg man of the group..NO.CALIF

Postby razzle » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:15 pm

your funny Frank , I am right behind ya . I am 61 but in Iowa sorry . I plan on living a full life if God will let me. Roz

also there are alot of folks on here from California , Janice is . Just put california in search box and see what comes up.
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn

Postby karenb » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi Frank,

There was a huge discussion awhile back about why the men in the group are so quiet... maybe it's just the Mars / Venus thing...

It's kind of funny, because the first information I was given about SM was that it primarily affected men and was usually diagnosed during their teenage years!

I can't help you with Northern CA, but I bet you'll find more folks there than I can find in southern New Mexico!

Postby gunflint » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:45 am

I'm just a kid at 54. In my case everything is relatively new so I hesitate to offer any advice. I'm still trying to absorb as much as I can. It was and still is, hard for me to ask for advice from people I don't know. I'm not used to doing that. However we all share something here. Some call it a disorder, some call it a disease, I call it "the ride." In the short time I've been here, these people have changed my future and my outlook so I cut myself a little slack.

Postby wendi » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi Frank:

I am originally from NO. Calif. I just got back from a trip out to San Fran. It was wondeful. I have not been out west in 25 years. Well, I was in Sacremento about 15 years ago, but San Fran was 25. I had to take more meds, but I had a blast. I live in PA and have since 1988. I am knocking on the back door of 50. You will find our group is more women then men, but the ages vary from 16-77, I believe was the oldest I saw here. Who cares about age, we are a great group of people who are here for you and the internet makes it a small world indeed right?

Where in CA do you live? I was born in Marin County, was raised up near Redding, then moved down to San Clemente with a stint in between in Hawaii. I have been around. I also lived in Idaho, S. Carolina and Louisiana. No, I am not an army brat, just a wild life that I need to write a book about before I forget all my adventures. Between CM and some brain cell killing I have done in my youth, they may be sooner than I think.

Welcome aboard!

Wendi in PA
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis

Postby powerlineman » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Not many of us men here. I have been gone lately but when I first started posting there really wasn't any men here.
SM only (C2-T1, T10-T12)-Cervical Post Operative Radiculopathy-Degenerative Disc Disease-Anxiety-Depression-Chronic Fatigue-Osteoarthritis-Bulging Discs (T5-T7)-Sarcoidosis-Spina Bifida

Return to ASAP Lounge