5 Years Post-Op!

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

5 Years Post-Op!

Postby drummergrl » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:55 pm

Well, I certainly know what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving! This Thursday it will be 5 years exactly since my decompression. Doesn't even seem possible that it has been that long...I feel like it happened just yesterday. While my health still isn't where I had expected it would be after 5 years, I'm very grateful that I'm healthier than I was right before the surgery. And while I'm most thankful that it's 5 years I'll never have to relive again, and I'm also SO grateful for all of you. So many of you have helped me through these confusing, frustrating, difficult years. Your advice and kindness is irreplaceable.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and know that I am thankful for you!
CM, SM, Scoliosis
drummergrl

Re: 5 Years Post-Op!

Postby kiminfla » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:19 am

You have a wonderful attitude! I'm five years post-op also and agree completely with your thoughts. Not where I hoped to be, but better and so very thankful for being better than pre-op. I hope your health continues to improve in years to come! Thank you for sharing your gratitude. Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Re: 5 Years Post-Op!

Postby razzle » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:28 pm

I agree with you both as it has been 11yrs for me . Happy Holidays to all... R
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Return to ASAP Lounge