Dr. Fraser Henderson is amazing!

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Dr. Fraser Henderson is amazing!

Postby youngwife » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:11 pm

My daughter saw Dr. Henderson in October, and then had a fusion surgery with him the end of that month. I can't say enough at how wonderful it was to have a doctor that understood completely what Rachael had been through.

I am willing to answer any questions that any of you may have. However, I am not able to check here as often as I'd like. So send me a pm, and I will exchange emails addresses with you.

HTH!
Homeschooling mom to 6 wonderful blessings from the Lord. ~ "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." - Ephesians 4:29
youngwife

Re: Dr. Fraser Henderson is amazing!

Postby Janice » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:43 pm

Hi Rebecca!

Sounds like Rachel is doing better since her surgery. I hope this also means that her pain level is no longer out of control. If so, this is definitely a blessing.

Take care, prayers, love & hugs!
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby youngwife » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:16 pm

Thank you, Janice. She is doing better. She can already tell that she likes having her neck stable again. Her head also didn't hurt (for the first time ever) when taking off in the air plane on the ride home! :)

She is still recovering, so we can't see all of the results yet, but she is definitely better.
Homeschooling mom to 6 wonderful blessings from the Lord. ~ "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." - Ephesians 4:29
youngwife

Postby hegnauea » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:23 am

Hi Youngwife,
I also see Dr. Henderson. I am lucky enough to live in DC. For those that have EDS or are suspicious of hypermobility, Dr. H. is enthusiastically trying to learn about how these things are connected and to help people. I do not need surgery yet hopefully, but since my husband and I want to have another child, he is sending me for a flexion/extension MRI tomorrow to check the stability in my neck. I'm so glad that your daughter was able to see him. I wish there were more like him around the country.

Ab
hegnauea

Postby youngwife » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:37 pm

Hey Ab! I just now am seeing your reply. We are back in DC for a follow up with Dr. Henderson. If you are going to be seeing him, look me up! I'll be the one with three of my beautiful daughters! (Two of which are taller than I am, of course.) :)
youngwife

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders