Hormones helping cm and sm

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Hormones helping cm and sm

Postby taichi » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:26 pm

Patients after a total hysterectomy normally use to be put on hormones. Since I have gotten on up in age I have tried to get off several times. Besides Sm, I have Meniere's Disease and it seems I am more dizzy, more ringing in the ear, and havd no energy. The night sweats are awful and I don't think I want to add these to my other problems. My vision seems to be at the top of the list. I tried to bring up hormones up on the search without any luck. It could just be me. If anyone has been on any and it seem to help with Sm please let me know. Thank you,
barbara
taichi

Re: Hormones helping cm and sm

Postby Irene Blacklock » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:32 pm

Hi Barbara:
I can't say that the harmones are helping or not with the sm, however, they do help with the hot flashes. I had a complete hysterectomy when I was 40. I am now 70. I have been on Premerin for 30 years. I went off for 3 months and couldn't handle the night sweats and hot flashes and decided heck with it, I'll just take the Premarin. It does help with skin, dryness in areas, and helps your bones. I have actually fallen on our wood stairs three times and never broken anything. We have since put stuff on the stairs to make them non-slip. I have ringing in my ears but it has only started in the last 4 or 5 years so it probably has nothing to do with the harmones. As for eyesight, many medicines will cause that also. I have gone from (reading glasses) 150 to 250 in the last 5 years. Is it age, medicine, or what?? Who knows! When I read all the side effects on my medicine, it's a wonder that I can even operate a cell phone.

Good luck on your quest for answers!
Irene
Irene Blacklock

Postby razzle » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:03 am

I had a Hyst in 1994 and put on Harmones and still on them , dont see any relation to sm/cm . but they are a life saver to me . dont suffer.... Ditto what Irene says .. I am 61 .. Roz
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby Graybo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:39 pm

Last edited by Graybo on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Graybo

Postby taichi » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:08 pm

It was a search on ASAP. Thank you for your reply.
taichi

Postby wendi » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:28 am

It's funny you should bring this up as I was going to, but not for sm/cm just because I have started going thru the change. I had a hysterectomy when I was 23 so there was no way to know for sure if this is it, but since I will be 50 in March and I am sweating so bad that I am drenched and it is worse at night, I figure, this must be it. I am hesitant to use hormones as breast cancer runs in my family. I am also getting dizzy spells. I have been researching and want to try the rhubarb root, but it is only sold online which sells under the name of Estrovera. It sounds like more women had better results with this than with black cohash which you can find in drugstores. Of course once I looked into it they seemed better and now last night and today they are back with a vengance. I know I can't live this way and am willing to try something natural first before I resort to hormones. I am also interested in the biodentical hormones but you have to have a prescription for that.

Oh the joys of aging.
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby lulu211 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:59 am

I have taken Evening Primrose oil for years/it is a natural estrogen/which is suppose to flush out any body does not need when you urinate and i also use Estroblend/sold at walmart/this is there generic/has multiple vitiamins and other hormones for hot flashes/improve memory/etc.but not estrogen/so the 2 go goood together. Good luck/Hot Flashes/which i call Trenced flashes stink/hope this helps. :shock:
lulu211

Postby wendi » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:22 pm

Thanks for the tip. Anything that is not hormones I am willing to try. Once the after Christmas rush is over, I will head over to Walmart and see if I can find it.

Take care,
Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby razzle » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:26 pm

hey wendi long time no see ....
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Return to ASAP Lounge