NEWBIE.....need to vent and introduce myself!

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Re: NEWBIE.....need to vent and introduce myself!

Postby karenb » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi Teresa,

Hugs, prayers, and blessings to you as well.

Remember - this is a safe place to vent. We all need to get things off our shoulders sometimes - and pain is definitely one of them!

I hope your PT starts to get you going on the right track - I know that it sure can be difficult, but it does pay off (very slowly for us, but it still does help, at least with pain in the long run).

Hang in there, and remember we're all rootin' for you!

Karen
karenb

Postby Jankster253 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:23 pm

Karen,

Do you mind telling me what you story is and what brought you to where you are today? I would really appreciate it. And thank you, my pain has really only been bothering me the past year, and especially the last few months. I would just like answers and a plan, didn't realize it would be this hard to get that. I see the Neurologist tomorrow, but I'm not expecting much out of the appt. He doesn't know much about SM. Anxious for my appt with Dr Ellenbogen in Seattle in a few weeks. Hoping he can help me. I am sooooooo frustrated.

Thanks again,

Teresa :)
Diagnosed with SM with unknown cause since 2007
C5/C6 prominent central canal
Syrinx measures 1mm T-5 to T-11
Degenerative disc disease
Chronic migraine
Jankster253

Postby karenb » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:45 am

Hi Teresa,

How is your PT going? Are you still sticking with it?

I saw my rehabilitation physician on Friday, and he's really happy with my progress. He seems really optimistic, but stressed over and over that a lot of my progress will depend on my own attitude.

They're continuing to work on walker skills, and will work some thins week on Wheelchair 101 (translation - how not to get stuck in the bathroom again!).

I just wanted to offer some encouragement. I know PT can be really frustrating, but when you're close to tears, you're at least pushing your boundaries so you can do better next time!

Blessings,

Karen
karenb

Previous

Return to ASAP Lounge