"Soft Spot" Headaches

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

"Soft Spot" Headaches

Postby zenkeeper » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:30 pm

Hello All;
I was recently dx'ed with "soft spot headaches"( along with occipital neuralgia), post PFD. It is now 1 year and 9 months since my surgery.

At any rate, was wondering if anyone else who does not have a plate back there suffers from headaches originating from the soft spot/divet area? Certain head movement and exercise can bring it on, as I am told the muslces attached to the dura post op and can tug and pull causing bad headaches.

If you get these is there anything that helps with the pain? Has anyone gone back for surgery to get a plate put in? There is an option for surgery once I get the occipital neuralgia under control, but I would hate to have another surgery - but these soft spot headaches are sometimes worse then my CM headaches I had prior to surgery. I had a really nasty one last night and it actually felt like a CSF leak sort of headache..erggg....

Any feedback/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks...ZK
zenkeeper

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders