Foot pain

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Foot pain

Postby Frannie » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:38 am

I was diagnosed with a Chiari 1 Malformation after having a brain tumour removed in Nov. Since surgery my symptoms have really flared up, expecially the headaches. But one thing I am noticing, and I am not sure if it is a symptom of this or not , is the pain in my feet on walking. It doesnt matter what shoes I have on, or don't, what the surface I am walking on is, it is really painfull. It is worse on the outerside of my feet. Even at work, and I work out of my own office in a private hospital where everything is carpeted, my feet hurt.
Can someone please tell me if this is a symptom of Chiari or not.
It is really bothering me and I think the next step is a visit to the podiatrist.
Thank you all so much
Frannie

Re: Foot pain

Postby gunflint » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:03 pm

I've had a lot of foot pain also since my decompression surgery. My NS didn't seem at all interested.
gunflint

Postby razzle » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:21 am

dont assume everything is chiari related , go to the foot dr..... atleast to get piece of mind..
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby gunflint » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:59 am

I'm so tired of seeing doctors that I avoid it when ever possible. On the flip side. I'm so use to pain that it seems a waste of time to even bring it up to Drs anymore.
gunflint

Postby karenb » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:29 pm

My first SM symptom was actually foot pain. The SM was triggering a muscle spasm in my left peroneal muscle that was strong enough to dislocate the cuboid bone in my left foot. Each step was absolute agony.

You definitely want to get yourself to a foot doctor - if you foot is becoming destabilized by SM, its best to re-stabilize it as soon as possible. In my case, the bones healed dislocated, so I had several years of difficulties. Once we knew the problem, I started working with a pedorthist on shoes. After a few months with the podiatrist, I started having a chiropractor work on my feet (and just my feet) - his technique was much gentler than the podiatrist's.

Karen
karenb

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders