double vision.....

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

double vision.....

Postby emmacos » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask about double vision...

My daughter Helen has had double vision since she was diagnosed, but mainly when she looked to the sides. She also has nystagmus (wobbly eyeball).

Today she is now saying that even when she covers over one eye she still has double vision in the one uncovered eye, whereas before she had single vision in each eye, but they werent working properly together, so double vision when she was looking with both eyes together, but single when she covered one eye over. Now she is saying that she is getting double vision out of each single eye!!! This is worrying me to death, along with the bad daily headaches, what could be causing this new symptom???

Anyone else have this, or had this?

Emma.x
emmacos

Re: double vision.....

Postby SMLady » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:53 am

I'm anxious to hear replies on this one. I've had SM for almost 8 years now, but the double vision in each eye started about a year ago. I haven't mentioned it to my doctor.
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby toport20 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:14 pm

I've had a couple spells of this, but mine happened at night, and I attributed it to some of my meds. Not sure, but gosh the screen looks like the words are a mess right now, guess it's time for bed. Have been dx'ed with Nystagmus though. Keep us posted!
Pre OP:
SM 3mm C3-L1
Tonsillar Herniation 5mm due to TCS
TCS Surgery TCI 6-6-08
ICT 6-7-08

Post OP: 2011-MRI
CM 8mm
SM C2-C6 9mm

PFD done in May 2012
Arachnoiditis found
toport20

Postby tennesseewalker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Sounds like you need an Opthalmology consult. Eye doctors are notoriously good at pinpointing eye problems, whether they're eye-related or brain-related.
Mary
Genetic CM/SM (me, my son, my twin sister and both of her daughters), RSD of right arm.
tennesseewalker

Postby gunflint » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:27 pm

I also have been seeing double at long distances. It has been getting progressively worse over the last year.
gunflint

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders