Craniocervical instability.....

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Craniocervical instability.....

Postby emmacos » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:13 am

Hi All,

I just wanted to ask what symptoms people on here have suffered with, prior to being diagnosed with Craniocervical instability or ventral brainstem compression, which i believe can be linked with Chiari 1.

My daughter Helen is laid up in hospital with awful headaches, which ease when she lies down, but are bad when she sits or stands up... she also has skin that tears easily for no reason, and I am wondering whether her problem is due to this craniocervical instability...

Her NS at the hospital says he doesn't think it is low pressure, but is still going to perform cranial pressure monitoring next week, but I don't want him to do this if this isn't going to show what the problem is, and possibly make things worse?!

If this is the case, she has spent the last 6 months carrying bags on her back and pulling cases along from college to home, full of books etc... and I wonder if this could have worsened things for her, causing her to be suffering so much now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Emma.x
(Mum to Helen aged 20, cm/sm, decompressed Oct 2004,and suffering ongoing symptoms, particularly bad continuous headaches).
emmacos

Re: Craniocervical instability.....

Postby razzle » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:30 am

emma in the search box up top from here type in Craniocervical Instability and you can read what others say about it ...

http://www.thedysautonomiaconnection.co ... f=38&t=818
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders