Good thoughts requested

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Re: Good thoughts requested

Postby *Hope* » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:03 pm

Karen, I am so sorry for your loss and for SO much heartache in such a small amount of time. =(

You're very strong, and I hope you have some support around you right now. Please vent on here if you need to "talk".
CM1
*Hope*

Postby Astralane » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:29 am

dear Karen,
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. Thinking of and praying for you, Astralane.
Astralane

Postby karenb » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:15 pm

Thank you all for your kindness and support during this difficult time.

Dad's obituary was printed yesterday, and the memorial service was today in the nursing home chapel. The link to the obituary is http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1106817&fh_id=13108&s_id=F03B7FB3-0153-3D6E-93DA8436B51FE2D3.

We will be having a memorial service for both Mom & Dad on Monday afternoon at their church. After that, I will probably start being able to process everything that has happened.

Karen
karenb

Postby razzle » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:48 am

Lots of love adn prayers sent yoru way . R
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby keggler 1 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Karen....Gods loving arms for you and you family...So Sorry....

Bless you....Jerry in Carolina...
ACM S/M BI Hiatal Hernia EDS III Successful PDF 2007 Dr Rosner
keggler 1

Postby *Hope* » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:19 pm

Karen, I'm thinking of you today and hoping the service is going as well as it can. I'm sure you're honoring them in a beautiful way. ::::hugs::::
CM1
*Hope*

Postby judyg » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:17 pm

Karen,
my thoughts and prayers are with you and your Dad and Mom. As others have said, they are together and are watching over you.
Sending Hugs and hope your pain and heart will lighten as time passes.
Take care, Judy
judyg

Postby karenb » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:04 am

Hi everyone,

Some of you may remember these particular events. I am obviously still struggling with grief, but wanted to share a bit about my parents with you. Their 50th wedding anniversary would have been this coming August, so I decided to honor their memory in a special way: http://www.rrfb.org/billings/.

Thank you to everyone who reached out to comfort me during these many difficult days!

Karen
karenb

Postby marymac » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:43 am

My dear Karen

My heart aches for you; you are on the top of my prayer list.
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

"Every day is a gift: Thats why it's called the Present"
marymac

Postby karenb » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Marymac,

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. It's been almost a year and a half since my father passed away - we're coming up to what would have been their 91st & 92nd birthdays, and also their 50th wedding anniversary - all of which will be difficult (I will admit, each monthly anniversary of their passings is also difficult).

I'm trying to turn what might be a rather melancholy anniversary into a celebration - I hope you had a chance to read the really amazing story of their lives.

FYI, my mom was considered so sickly that she was not granted admittance to nursing school - she ended up be granted admission in 1944 - but only AFTER having finished her BS degree and having worked in a TNT plant during WWII! Dad considered himself lucky to have the chance to attend college at all, and ended up with a Ph.D.!

Karen
karenb

Previous

Return to ASAP Lounge