Speech and memory problems

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Speech and memory problems

Postby TabulaRasa » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:28 pm

I'm having issues with short term memory and speech too. It's aggravating because I'm well known in class for being articulate and for my memory. Just talking with my mom on a shopping trip, I just could not find the words to form a coherant sentence!!!

And when I go into another room for something I'm instantly forgetting what I went in there for. I usually remember it 15 minutes later.
Diagnosed with CM 1mm herniation June 12th, 2012
TabulaRasa

Re: Speech and memory problems

Postby tattoodlb1 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Hi,

I have very similar issues, finding the right words and remembering crap. If I say something and you ask me what I just said; I have no idea!
I have sympathy for you, the only thing I can say is keep on keeping on because it all sucks, life is not fair and It is what it is. don't mean to be cynical or rude please don't take what I said the wrong way, emails can come across cold sometimes; but I just want to be honest and not sugar cover anything. I hate it when docs to it to me so I don't do it to anyone.
Syringomyelia entire spinal cord including throughout conus, Chiari ? Hemangioma T2, Multiple Tarlov cysts; Empty sella & degenerative disc disease entire spine.. severe Fibromyalgia (central cord hypersensitivity).
tattoodlb1

Re: Speech and memory problems

Postby TabulaRasa » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:47 pm

Oh trust me you weren't being rude at all! It's just refreshing and comforting that I finally have people to talk to who know exactly what I'm going through.
Diagnosed with CM 1mm herniation June 12th, 2012
TabulaRasa

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders