Positiv thoughts and prayers asked

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Positiv thoughts and prayers asked

Postby syrinx48 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:20 am

Hi all,

My cousin just survived a helicopter crash in the Yukon area, northern Canada. He is the one with major injuries. The pilot died. A friend got minor injuries. My cousin crushed his 3rd lumbar vertebrae, punched his longes and multiple little factures in the face. Here is what the newspaper said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/sto ... ml?cmp=rss

Annemarie
syrinx48

Re: Positiv thoughts and prayers asked

Postby reedy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:07 am

This must be very traumatic for your cousin.
I hope he is getting the support and medical care he needs. I send my very sincerest wishes for his recovery.

My job has occasionally provided the opportunity for helicopter work in remote areas and it is thrilling....but that's because it is also clearly very risky.
reedy

Postby vframe » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:50 pm

i will definitely keep your cousin in my prayers and if you don't mind, i will add him to my prayer sisters prayer chain.
vframe

Re: Positiv thoughts and prayers asked update

Postby syrinx48 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:31 pm

So John continues to,do well. Very alert tonight and making us all laugh and laugh himself inspiTe of a fractured face. Plastic and oral surgery perhaps tomorrow and then the big day is Monday when they get him up to walk. He is pretty anxious about that. The areas that have sensory deficits are beginning to burn and tingle a little bit, another encouraging sign. He is looking forward to getting outside and seems to,have a great attitude. Many thanks to everyone so far...he says thanks as well. A tough time but you are all helping in a huge way.

This is what one of my relatives wrote.

Annemarie
syrinx48

Postby phyrehawke » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:54 pm

Hi Annemarie,

I will keep John in my thoughts. I know that burny tingly feeling as that's what I got when the numbness wore off after my horseback riding accident, although my feeling came back very quickly afterwards, and he's had to wait a little while apparently. That sounded like a nasty helicopter accident. I hope he keeps that positive attitude and good sense of humor, because it'll really be a huge help.
Rozanne/phyre
"A path of awakening would never suggest that we should be a passive and unwitting spectator of our own repeated disasters, but should turn the power of our attention to untangle the web of complexity." Christina Feldman
phyrehawke

Postby wendi » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:16 pm

I haven't been here much, so I am sending my well wishes to your cousin and his friend. He is lucky to be alive. I do hope he is progressing nicely now since it has been a few weeks since you posted about him.

Take care!
Wendi
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby syrinx48 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:23 am

Hi Wendy, yes he is doing well considering. He always keeps a positive attitude. This is what his brother wrote:

John is doing well. Ribs healed for the most part, sees a dentist next week to see what his next step is for his teeth. Working on wheelchair transfer skills for the time being which he has done super well. GF Strong is a world class facility and it is a great place for him to be.

Annemarie
syrinx48

Postby karenb » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:22 pm

Annemarie,

I, too, have not been visiting much the last couple of months. I was so sorry to read about your cousin, John's, situation, and just want to let you know that my thoughts and prayers will be with John and with you and your family in the days and weeks to come.

Karen
karenb

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders