Officially retired and on to new venture

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Officially retired and on to new venture

Postby wendi » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:00 am

Well everyone, call me crazy, or chiari brain, but I closed my Allstate office on 8/31/12 and planned on taking off the month of September, but ended up coming into my new office most every day, but a four day weekend and officially opened my doors on 10/01/2012. My new independent agency, The Wendi D Kratzer Agency Inc has started from scratch, again, but I am excited, scared and positive I will succeed. The great thing is that I am truly in business for myself. I say when I open and close. I can't solicit my old customers, but if they find me, the all bets are off and they are starting to find me. So this time around writing new business will be much easier. Most Allstate agents who leave usually are back on their feet anywhere from 9mos to 2 years. www.whitehallinsurancequote.com if you want to check out my website. I have VOIP and that is nice so I can work from home if need be. I really think this is the best way for me to go as I can't work for someone and call off all the time and I'm not sick enough for SSDI, so this is my best option.

I miss you all tremendously and hope you all free from pain and systems as best can be. Take care, and I will check back soon.

Wendi in PA
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Re: Officially retired and on to new venture

Postby razzle » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:42 pm

Shout out ((((((((((((((((((((((Good for you)))))))))))))) LOL LOL
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby kiminfla » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:16 am

Wendi, Such FABULOUS news! So happy for you! I hope this proves to bring you much happiness and increased health. Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby syrinx48 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:35 am

Hi Wendi,
I am so happy for you! Its incredible news. It is so good for you that you self can decide when at what hour to open up! It will definitely increase your health! So glad to hear from you!

Annemarie
syrinx48

Postby Janice » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:08 am

CONGRATS WENDI!!!!! That's absolute amazing news! I'm so happy for you, thx for sharing your wonderful news. So many benefits for you, especially working from home sometimes.

I wish you great success! Love you, hugs! :-)

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby marymac » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:55 pm

Congratulations Wendi: what an incredible journey for you. I so admire your forging ahead on your own and know you will succeed with the strength you've displayed to all of us, for a long time now. I have a new ASAP "Idol"! Really proud of you for getting it done. Now, feel better faster!
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

"Every day is a gift: Thats why it's called the Present"
marymac

Postby wendi » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi Everyone:

I tried Updating my new email, but it didn't work, or I'm too technology challenged, but I missed these posts. Anyway, here I am! So thanks so much for all your kind words and words of encouragement. You guys are the best! My dear old friends. It is all of you who are my hero's MM. All of you. You come on here and help others while you yourselves are struggling. I so wish we could all get together in person.

I am about a month into my new venture and it is going slowly but surely. I like it like that tho. Almost every policy I quote is less expensive. Be it, my old customers or new ones who want a quote. My new buildboard will be going up next month, so my phone will really start to ring. I''m working hard, but calling it a day when I need to.

Here in PA, we lost power for a week. The one thing we can count on is hot water and lo and behold, our hot water heater died the same day as stupid Sandy, so we had to put in a new one. It has been a trial, but we are getting thru. I miss you all and you are always on mind.

Take care,
Wendi
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby Janice » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:28 pm

Beautiful note, thx Wendi! Love you always, try to take a pic of you billboard and post it here for us to see, hugs!

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby tnglitter » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:24 pm

Wendi - YOU GO, GIRL!!! I am SO proud of you and have NO doubt about your future success! Just please remember us "little people" when you make the big time, ok? I love you dearly, Wendi and wish you all the success in the world. Now GO GET 'EM!!!!!
Rhonda
T Spine SM T8-T12 (9 mm) Syringopleural Shunt & Laminectomy T10/T11 5 Jan 09
C spine Disc bulges/canal narrowing/DDD
L spine Spondylosis/DDD

Mom of 3 daughters & MiMi to 2 grandsons & 1 granddaughter
tnglitter

Postby wendi » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:28 am

Thanks so much! Things are going well, if a little slow. I just had my two billboards go up. I don't know how to get them from my email to here, so if anyone wants to see them, email me at wendikratzer@gmail.com and I will forward the photos to you. I plan on doing some radio ads as well. I ran into an ex customer at the township building and his MIL was told by one of the agents who got half my book that I died! WTF? That really takes the cake. I have heard I got out of the business and/or retired, but geez louise. My billboard says, "Where's Wendi Kratzer? and my phone number. The township ladies were, oh, you are Wendi, we were wondering, my grandaughter was asking, who the heck is Wendi and is she lost? They said that is great marketing. I thought that up all by myself. It has alread gotten me calls from old clients and it looks like it is peaking interest in new people as well.

Well, back to the salt mines.

Take care,
Wendi
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby smann » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi Wendi,

We don't know each other, but I used to be an insurance agent in NC. I am on disability now, but good for you! Sounds like you will do great! I worked for allstate ROC in the '90's. Then for Nationwide. I was licensed but worked in the office of another agent-inside sales. I had to go on disability about 10 yrs ago. Anyway, best of luck to you!
[img][/img] Susan
smann

Postby wendi » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:36 pm

Thanks Susan: I appreciate your kind words. I'm not feeling well today, so I got here at 1 and I am working to about 4. If you ever move to PA, and want to a little, let me know. You can work from home, you just need your PA P&C license. Being on disability, I know you are allowed to earn a certain amont.

Allstate has really gone down hill the last few years. It is not the company you used to know. We should talk more.

Wendi in PA
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby birdlover3 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:24 pm

Congratulations! I wish you the best of luck and will be praying that God supplies you with 'just enough' business. (Just enough business to make you plenty of money, but not enough to wear you down physically.) Good luck and please keep us posted.

Your website looks great and very professional. I have not posted here for a while because I lost my password but I remembered someone sold insurance & knowing that encouraged me. Even though I'm older, I may check into what it takes to become an insurance agent.

We know someone that used to work for State Farm. They kept transferring him so he quit, moved back to our area, and opened his own insurance agency in his home. He's doing GREAT!
birdlover3

Postby wendi » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi Birdlover: I remember you. The way to go now is an IA (Independant Agent) This way you can write for many companies and shop for your client when their rates go up. You are in business for yourself. You make the rules, hours etc. You still have underwriting rules to follow, but you decide your office rules.

In your state to become an agent, go to the state insurance website. I'm sure you have one there. You should be able to find info about becoming licensed. Once you get that coveted P&C license, you can get a job anywhere. If you get a license in one state, it is easy to get another in many other states without taking an exam. Here in PA, you no longer have to be sponsered by an insurance company, you take the exam yourself and get it.

Thanks for your kind words.

Wendi
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby birdlover3 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:10 pm

Thanks for the information. I will be checking into it and find some books to study too.

Please keep us updated on your new business. We’re praying for you.
birdlover3

Return to ASAP Lounge