My anniversary is 1/3/2013

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

My anniversary is 1/3/2013

Postby wendi » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:55 pm

and since I saw Kim posted in September it reminded me that I should. It will be 5 years since my tethered cord surgery. 2013 will bring me a colonoscopy, oh yippey skippy! I'm not afraid of that, I've had two, it is as they say the prep. At least I can take the pills. But I'm sure the CM/SM pts. are curious about me and my health. I am better and worse since my surgery. Many of my symptoms are gone and less since then. Since I have aged and I have spinal stenois, DDD, arochoniditis, arthritis,bulging discs and still ACM, my back hurts most of the time. I suffer from HA's, but not as often. I have bouts of swallowing problems. Chinese food seems to be a culprit and I have to remember to eat slowly. I don't sleep well, but I also have the added bonus of menopause which could add to it. I no longer pee my pants and since I have to take a water pill, we will take that as a win for the team. I have not been to the ER for my CM HA's in 2 years. That is about the average. I also now suffer from bursitis in my left hip and that really hurts! I'm on a ton of meds and I am a person of my generation who believes in better living thru chemicals. I am going to have to move to Colorado or Washington tho as PA will never legalize MJ for pain or otherwise which is so unfair.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, I will always be here, if only a little at at time. I retired and started up a new business. I am a little crazy after all. Of course, I'm not telling anyone anything new about myself you didn't already know. 8) :shock:

Happy New Year all!

Wendi in PA
ACM 7.5mm B4 TCS 2.4mm post op
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Re: My anniversary is 1/3/2013

Postby reedy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:41 pm

You sound like one energetic person, Wendi, despite what this condition is throwing at you. Thanks for the post!
reedy

Postby wendi » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:14 am

Reedy: I don't know if I would describe myself as energetic. I seem to be fatigued. I am one of those fake it till I make it people. I have to keep going and keep working. It it in my genes, so I do. I've always been a hard working gal, so I just work thru the pain. I just could not coninue on with Allstate, so I opened up my own Independant insurance agency. This way, I can close if I want or need to. I hope to hire some help soon. I will pay them only commission, that way, they will work, (I Hope!) If, not, they don't get paid. I also will 1099 them and then no taxes on my part. I think you are in the UK and may not understand that, but in the US, if I pay them a salery, I must match certain things like social security. If I pay them like they work for themselves, I don't have too.
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Postby gunflint » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:45 pm

You should talk with an accountant before you hire anyone, even on straight commission. There will be a lot of changes starting this year and none of the changes are intended to help small businesses. I also have a small business and things have been going fairly well. But after the election I have decided to pull back on anything that resembles success. There is no way I would hire anyone at this point. Nor would I expand beyond anything that I couldn't handle myself. It's just not worth the effort anymore. On a happy note. If you are able to sell more than $250,000 worth of policies you will become one of the wealthy Americans and you will be given the opportunity to pay your fair share. Good luck.
gunflint

Postby kiminfla » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:53 am

Wendi, Happy anniversary!! Your strength is an inspiration to all! Know that we're hearing cheering you on in your new business endeavors! YOU GO!!!! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby wendi » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:39 pm

Gunflint:
I believe they have voted in $450K in earnings yesterday and that won't happen for me. Even the 250K is going to be a long stretch. It will be a few years to get to 100K. When I hire someone they will be 1099'd, so they will be an independant contractor and pay their own taxes etc. As a small business owner for 10 years and paying close attention to things like the health care, you must have at least 50 employees before you have to pay for their health care also. I am not worried. I also will need some help. There is a great thing another agent friend told me about called WAHVE. They are retired insurance professionals who work from home. You pay one hourly rate and this company takes care of taxes and everything. These people use my VOIP phone system and internet to work from home part time or full time. It is kind of like temp employees, but since they are retired insruance pros, not much training. I like this idea also. I wish you much success with your business. I must get back to work.

Wendi
TC ,TCS @ TCI on 1/3/08,
chronic sacrolitis
wendi

Return to ASAP Lounge