syringomyelia/syrinx sucks

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

syringomyelia/syrinx sucks

Postby vframe » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:22 pm

hello, i have been off for a while, i thought i was going to be one of the lucky ones, i had surgery in september, they found two herniated discs and one that was totally gone in my t spine, had fusion done. i actually went back to work for about 6 weeks but then it started going downhill. i am having increased pain and it appears to be getting lower in my back. i was terminated from my job in january and have filed for disability, my NS did another mri last week and i am still waiting on the results. oh well, such is life. i am learning to live with the pain except in the mornings (early early morning) and when i try to do anything. i worry about the results of the mri but it is what it is. i think i am getting bitter, i want my life back and it doesn't seem that it is going to happen. :cry:
vframe

Re: syringomyelia/syrinx sucks

Postby gunflint » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:50 pm

After all is said and done my greatest day to day pain is in my lower back also. You still have your life it's just different from the one you want. Join the club. When I start feeling down about it all I find reading posts from people that are really battling like young mothers with children or children themselves or fellow sufferers with symptoms much more severe than mine and I begin to feel quit blessed.
gunflint

Postby vframe » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:35 pm

you are so very right, thank you.
vframe

Postby pmaxwell » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:10 pm

You can always find someone worse off than yourself but that doesn't make your pain any less important.

I admire your attitude to make the most of life not matter what is thrown at you.

I think our attitudes often play a role in our symptoms. Obviously there are going to be days when we allow symptoms to overrule but as long as we continue to fight for a better quality of life and not let the symptoms rule, we will be the winner.
Together We Can...
pmaxwell

Postby vframe » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:31 pm

thank you pmaxwell, attitude does help a lot most days although there are times when even a good attitude can't help the pain but those days/times shall pass. i try to think about my blessings when the pain gets unbearable, i could be worse off, can't lie i wish i was pain free and able to till my garden and get my vegie seeds in the ground and all that, but for now i will have to plan on a front porch garden again this year and it will still taste just as good as if it was out in my back yard. but i miss sweatin and swattin the no seeums believe it or not.
vframe

Postby birdlover3 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:32 pm

I feel for you. I’m also sorry you lost your job. I remember how bad I felt when I lost mine. You’re on the right track by counting your blessings, but most people have to grieve. Most people have to go through a grieving period when they lose something, whether it’s a person they love, a job, or their health. You’ll be in our thoughts and prayers.
birdlover3

Postby vframe » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:31 am

thank you birdlove, i very much appreciate the thoughts and prayers. it is very hard to realize i may never work again. being a nurse was more than a job, it was my life. i know that i could try to do a desk job in nursing but that is not for me and unless i were able to have a recliner and a heating pad to relax every so often i couldn't do that either.

my NS called with hopes of trying a new procedure for pain control something called a nips, not real familiar with it but it was hopeful that i would be able to return to work, unfortunately, right now i have still have COBRA and i just found out today it does not pay for the procedure. there goes another SUCKS :x in the mean time i am still waiting on my ssi/ssdi which should take effect hopefully about the time my COBRA/long term disability runs out. so please, all, do continue to pray for me. it is so hard trying to make it on one paycheck and mine was the larger, i wish there was something i could do to earn some extra money to help make ends meet but i don't know how to do anything but nurse and be a housewife/mom/memaw
vframe

Return to ASAP Lounge