crazy question

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

crazy question

Postby vframe » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:56 pm

has anyone had any problem with clear nasal drainage (uncontrollable) when you bend over? this is happening to me and i was told it is probably just allergies but it just happens so oddly, and i never know when it is going to happen, and___ i don't have allergies or any other allergy or cold symptoms, it may happen 3x a day for 2 days then not happen again for a week or more.
vframe

Re: crazy question

Postby zenkeeper » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:05 am

Have you been checked for a CSF leak? I know cranial leaks can present themselves as clear liquid coming out of the nose. I do not mean to alarm you but just be on the safe side maybe contact your NS/NL?
zenkeeper

Postby pmaxwell » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:00 pm

Around here there are no crazy questions. I've had that happen but I do not have Chiari and I do have allergies. I agree you should contact your doctor and let him know what is happening and how often. Also if you notice any other symptoms before or after the leak. Does it only happen when you bend over, do you notice pressure in your sinus cavity prior? If the doctor dismisses you just tell them you would like to make sure it is a part of your medical record. Keep a journal so you have proof of how often it happens and when.

Patricia
Together We Can...
pmaxwell

Postby tennesseewalker » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:18 pm

Does the fluid leave a metallic taste in your mouth?
Mary
Genetic CM/SM (me, my son, my twin sister and both of her daughters), RSD of right arm.
tennesseewalker

Postby vframe » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:05 am

sorry i have been off for a while feeling sorry for myself, just needed to let go of some things i guess, anyway, no it does not taste metallic, no headaches, no sinus pressure, yes when i bend over but sometimes it just runs while i am standing, again, it doesn't happen consistently, haven't had it for about 2-3 weeks now. i will talk to my doc but i am thinking about getting a second opinion/finding a different NS, his office staff is not letting me communicate with him and when i called today, his nurse blew me off again, said there was no way i could have the nip procedure because i have bcbs and they will not pay for it. sorry, totally different subject here. it's late and i am tired, not sleepy, just tired of everything, the pain, the frustration, the runarounds. oh yeah and according to his nurse the syrinx couldn't be causing me issues because it has not grown and is relatively small. brrrrrrrr!!!!
vframe

Postby ScaredErica » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:14 pm

Yes!!! I have it too, wow that's kinda weird I never payed much attention to it until I just read your post. I do have Chiari and have never mentioned it to my nl maybe I should.
ScaredErica

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders