So freaked out

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

So freaked out

Postby Metalmommy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:37 pm

Saw the neurologist a few days ago. When he did my foot reflexes my toes point down instead of up. I guess this indicates brain damage or spinal cord damage, does anyone else have abnormal reflexes? It's only been 10 months from my accident and I have a ton of neuro and pain symptoms. Starting to get REALLY freaked out, have a brain MRI tomorrow morning. I just feel alone, very depressed, and like a terrible parent because I can't do the things with my toddler that I want to. I have a hard time moving, I also just dislocated my knee so I haven't been able to be on the floor and playing really. She was just diagnosed with autism and I feel like ** because I want to do so much more with her. So many feelings, idk this sucks. It came on so suddenly and the symptoms progressed so quick I am really scared. Just needed to let that out.
Metalmommy

Re: So freaked out

Postby Graybo » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:28 am

This post by Peggy talks about autism
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14320

I thought your toes were supposed to curl down when scratched under the foot but the toes on my right foot turn upwards. Have a read of that link I replied to.
Graybo

Postby *Hope* » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:52 pm

Hey metalmommy. I'm sorry you're going throught such a rough time right now. I wanted to let you know that you're not alone and people here do care. It's just that some can't respond, some are too lazy, and some just suck at it. Depends on the day for which category I fall into. ;) How did your scan turn out and how are you doing?
CM1
*Hope*

Postby marymac » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:38 am

Hi Ho Metalmommy

All of us get just scared witless, some more than others, but when in extreme pain, it just makes it so much worse. I'm going to post because I'm scared witless right now as well, but hope you know that much of what you have will get better in time, i.e. your knee. The smallest things can exacerbate our other pains as well. . . hopefully your NS will have some answers for you after your scan. Wish I could help more, but know we are there with you in our hearts and hope you are getting relief somehow. Please let us know how you make out. Let your toddler help you: they love it, and while it may get messey, that too shall pass. Try to be still and not hurt anything else. Ask for help: I know it can be hard but when we need it, we need it.
Gentle hugs and hurried wishes
Marymac
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

"Every day is a gift: Thats why it's called the Present"
marymac

Postby kiminfla » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:14 pm

Prayers that things will improve for you! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Return to ASAP Lounge