Pressure Headaches

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Pressure Headaches

Postby princesk8 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:53 am

There's been a lot of low pressure systems and rain where I live lately and it is causing bad pressure headaches in my occipital lobe. Doctor says he can't do much since it is made worse by weather unless I decide to go on a daily med instead of taking the meds I take now for when I do get the headaches. I hate this, it hurts and I'm not getting the relief I need with my usual meds. Any suggestions?

Happy long weekend to all and thank you to all the soldiers that even made having a memorial day possible!

-K
Chiari 1 7 mm & Syrinx C5-T10. Scoliosis(22 degree L & 20 degree T curve). 2.4 cm Arachnoid Cyst at lower left occipital lobe. Bulging Disk C5-C6, C6-C7 & L5-S1. Early facet arthrosis L2-L4. Mild inferior foraminal narrowing L4-S1
princesk8

Re: Pressure Headaches

Postby Graybo » Fri May 24, 2013 10:09 am

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5754331_ca ... ches_.html

Don't know if this is accurate but it fits in with my theory about muscle tension causing the symptoms.
Graybo

Postby marymac » Sun May 26, 2013 8:17 pm

I also live in Florida and can predict when it's going to rain by my headaches. . . I take meds all day every day, so when the pressure drops, I have to take more: everything aches more. A quiet, cool, dark room helps me; hope it does for you also.
Good luck.
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

"Every day is a gift: Thats why it's called the Present"
marymac

Postby birdlover3 » Mon May 27, 2013 5:29 pm

Weather fronts worsen my pain and symptoms. Before I had chiari with a syrinx, I had migraines. I was taking migraine prescription medicine and visiting the ER several times a year with them. I finally found a book on headaches that suggested taking Chelated magnesium and calcium. After I started taking it, I quit having as many migraines. When I mentioned it to the nurse, she told me they'd known about it for years. I wish she would have shared the chelated magnesium and calcium migraine treatment before I was put on migraine meds.

I'll be praying for you.
birdlover3

Postby princesk8 » Tue May 28, 2013 7:37 am

I'm going to try the magnesium calcium thing, I wish the doctor had mentioned it! Thank you so much.
Chiari 1 7 mm & Syrinx C5-T10. Scoliosis(22 degree L & 20 degree T curve). 2.4 cm Arachnoid Cyst at lower left occipital lobe. Bulging Disk C5-C6, C6-C7 & L5-S1. Early facet arthrosis L2-L4. Mild inferior foraminal narrowing L4-S1
princesk8

Postby TabulaRasa » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:58 am

I get the same thing. I'm in the Midwest so whenever temperatures drastically change or if we have storm systems come through, it makes my head feel like it's going to explode. An anti-inflammatory like aspirin might help; before I became allergic it used to help me more than acetaminophen. I also do acupressure around my head a lot which is a temporary fix.
Diagnosed with CM 1mm herniation June 12th, 2012
TabulaRasa

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders