Just Checking In

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Just Checking In

Postby gunflint » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:34 am

Well I'm hoping to head back to NIH in a few weeks for my annual check up. That is of course depending on the ebola situation. Like many registered users here I was a very active member at first as the members here are a God send to a newbie. It's because of this board that I became a part of the NIH study and had my decompression surgery done there. Mainly I just wanted to check in and say howdy. There are a couple of things that might help the newly diagnosed that I'd like to share. First of all, pay attention to pmaxwell and graybo. These two along with many others have helped more people then they will ever know with their advice and experience. They do it for reasons known only to them but they have changed lives and they don't do it for recognition. I can tell you that graybo's advice on RSO is solid and has helped me a great deal. If anyone is interested in how it helped me I'll post more about it if requested. I will tell you that the first time that I medicated with it was the first night I slept for over 6 hours without once waking up from pain.

The second thing that I feel is important to talk about is depression and how it can affect your life and your sm. I'm not a touchy feely type of guy and discussing issues like this are difficult. It took a couple of years for the darkness to creep up on me and another several months to realize what was happening. Make yourself aware of the symptoms and find out all you can about dealing with it. But expect it. It's much easier to fight something when you know what you're fighting. More later.
gunflint

Re: Just Checking In

Postby pmaxwell » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:41 am

Thank You!
Together We Can...
pmaxwell

Postby Graybo » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:56 am

Hi Gunflint

Thanks for your positive comments, I appreciate it - makes it worth writing about these things and we can all learn new things. I think the legal problem with the oil might make us reluctant to talk about it more.

The reason I write this stuff is because it makes me feel better if I can help someone, and I only learned this kind of thing by reading about other people who have taken their time to write and help others. 'What goes around comes around' comes to mind.

I've learned more in the last few years of searching the internet than in all the rest of my life.

About the depression. You might want to try something like the amino acid L-Tyrosine as a mood enhancer or L-tryptophan which is more expensive. There is also the anandamide or 'bliss chemical' found in raw cacao. Raw cacao is raw chocolate which you can buy places like ebay. It comes as cacao paste/cacao liquor - this is not alcoholic it's just the name of it. You can also buy it as cacao powder or cacao beans. Anandamide is similar to THC in cannabis but with a milder, shorter lasting effect. http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/anandamide/ananh.htm

Take care, Graham
Graybo

Postby marymac » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:50 am

So happy for you Gunflint: and TOTALLY agree with you: Graybo is an awesome "pioneer" that has guided me to unbelievable remedies and insights, throw a bit of wit in there, and I believe everything he says. P Maxwell has been very kind to me as well.
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

"Every day is a gift: Thats why it's called the Present"
marymac

Postby marymac » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:38 am

Hi Ho Gunflint: Glad you checked in, and totally agree with you regarding Graybo and P. Maxwell: would be lost without them. Glad you are doing better: are you on both boards now? I am and hope they stay up and running: ASAP was so silent for so long. Both boards have great people and want to be in touch with both. See you on one or the other!
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

marymac

Postby marymac » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:39 am

BRAIN FOG: did it twice, oooops.
Marymac

marymac

Postby gunflint » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:36 am

Both Boards? I didn't know that there was another one.
gunflint

Return to ASAP Lounge