impacted wisdom teeth or chiari?

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

impacted wisdom teeth or chiari?

Postby smithkath » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:19 pm

My son and I have both been diagnosed with Chiara Malformation...I have syringomyelia and he does not. My 18 yr. old daughter has recently been experiencing many headaches. She has been on antibiotics for sinus infection. No relief from headaches. She says her wisdom teeth are killing her and she did have an appt. to have them removed over the summer...we just never did it. Now she thinks that is the cause of these bad headaches...

Has anyone had experience with headaches, had their wisdom teeth out, and THEN found out that they had chiari???
smithkath

Re: impacted wisdom teeth or chiari?

Postby princesk8 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:48 am

I had my widsom teeth 14 years before finding out about CM/SM. I have to take prescription meds when my headaches are bad as normal OTC stuff doesn't do anything.
Chiari 1 7 mm & Syrinx C5-T10. Scoliosis(22 degree L & 20 degree T curve). 2.4 cm Arachnoid Cyst at lower left occipital lobe. Bulging Disk C5-C6, C6-C7 & L5-S1. Early facet arthrosis L2-L4. Mild inferior foraminal narrowing L4-S1
princesk8

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders