ASAP CONFERENCE SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES
Applications for the conference scholarship will be accepted between March 1 and May 31 on a first come first serve basis.
All applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision no later than June 14 via mail. All decisions are final.
The ASAP scholarship will consist of the following:
1) Waiver of the registration fee for the applicant. If the applicant is a parent of a minor child with SM, CM or related conditions the child’s registration fee will also be waived. If the adult applicant can provide verification from a treating physician that they must travel with a caregiver, that caregiver’s registration will also be waived. The scholarship or portions of the scholarship are not transferable.
2) Payment of half of one hotel room for the scholarship recipients for no more than the 4 days of the conference. This will be paid directly to the hotel if the recipient is staying at the conference hotel. If the recipient chooses to stay at other lodgings in the area ASAP will reimburse them for half of the lodging and applicable taxes portion upon receipt of the bill by the ASAP office. The attendee will receive no money directly from ASAP prior to attending the conference.
1) Applicants or child (if applicant is the parent) must have a diagnosis of SM / CM and be a member of ASAP for at least one year prior to application. (contact office to verify)
2) Prior recipients are ineligible.
3) The applicant must verify that all information is true.
4) The applicant must meet the scholarship criteria.
5) Applicants will be responsible for all additional costs not covered by the scholarship.
1) Applicants must submit the official application, tax return and other supporting documentation to be considered for a scholarship.
2) Applicants must submit a completed conference registration form once they are notified of their receipt of a scholarship. This must be submitted before the pre-conference registration deadline.
3) Applicants are responsible for making their own hotel reservation and providing the hotel with a valid credit card to cover their portion of the hotel bill and other incidental expenses.
4) If applicants do not stay at the conference hotel they must submit their hotel bill for reimbursement. The reimbursement will be for half of the room cost and associated tax. The reimbursement cannot be for more than half the group rate including tax at the conference hotel.
5) If a scholarship recipient opts to decline the scholarship they must notify the ASAP Office in writing no less than 10 business days before the conference. Failure to do so will make one ineligible for future scholarship consideration.
In awarding the scholarship ASAP in no way assumes any responsibility or liability for expenses not specifically covered by the scholarship agreement.