Moving to Maine need info asap

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Moving to Maine need info asap

Postby freenow98 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:08 am

Hi everyone,I post today with a heavy heart,my daughter(Megan)and I will be moving to Maine in Aug-Sept. due to my husband and I are seperating and I need to move up to where I have family. I have been not only concerned about my daughter's health due to all of her set backs and surgeries but also my health has been going down hill for a while now and I figure I will be facing my second Chiari related surgery at some point. I know all that suffer with this knows how much of a toll this illness takes on every family and we have not been any different.My husabnd and I married in June 2002 after being a couple since 1998 and in Sept 2002 Megan was dx with Chiari. Megan had her first surgery Oct.2002 and has been in and out of hospitals ever since. I myself have had six surgeies for different reason since we have been together and sadly it has all became just to much to deal with. This is not an easy thing to to share because it is so privite but,I know of a few families that have also went through this and my guest is there are many more that have not spoken up or reached out and just maybe by me sharing something that is so painful for us--- it will be and open door for someone else to step through. I know there have been people following my daughter's carepage and if so you know there have been job issues for Bob as well as insurance problems,loss of own job,fights with LTD,many doctor's appts.for both myself,Megan and also for Bob(he was dx with heart issues and serious sleep apnea)and then all the test,medications,heat packs,cold packs,special pillows,walker,crutches,neck braces,cane,special mattress and all the other extra things that we who are searching for a little pain relief have to buy and at some point it all just became the breaking point. I have found some great friends and warm hearts on this website and I have to admitt I need to reach out for that right now and as I work through all this and maybe share as I go it will help someone out there,that may just be a lurker to reachout themselves.Thank you all and bless you big bunches(as my grandbabies say) sheila Pa(Megan Welborns mom)
freenow98

Postby Janice » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:03 pm

Hi Sheila,

I am sorry that you are going through so much and pray that you and your daughter find the comfort in pain and in being with family that you need.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

thank you

Postby freenow98 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:42 pm

thank you Janice for your kind words,prayers and for answering my post.It's during times like this a person can feel very alone,sheila Pa
freenow98

moving to maine

Postby chiarimom » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:42 pm

Hey Sheila:
I am so sorry to hear what is happening in your life right now. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and Megan. There really are times when I read these posts and have to say life just isn't fair.

Having met you and Megan last summer I know just how well you get along and how strong the two of you are. You can get through this but remember take one day at a time --- when that seems hard take a 1/2 day at a time.

If there is anything we can do please know that all of us are here for you.

Faith
chiarimom

Thank you chairmom

Postby freenow98 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:59 pm

Thank you Faith for thinking and praying for us and I know it will just take time to process whatever will happen in the end -only time will heal no matter what. I just know right now I can not think straight while I am so stressed and just maybe the time will allow for that to go down. Thank you so much and Bless you and your family,sheila Pa
freenow98

Postby CrazyCat » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:40 am

My prayers are with you and Megan. Know that you both have lots of friends, lots of love and lots of prayers from everyone here. If you want my email address just PM me. You can email me or hit me up on Yahoo chat anytime.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
~Be who you are and say how you feel, because the people who matter don't mind and the people who mind don't matter.~
CrazyCat

when it rains it pours

Postby freenow98 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:34 am

I want to first say thank you to all that have posted and even just read my post,I do thank all for the many prayers. I now know what it means when it rain it pours. I learned today that my LTD closed my case because they said with a medical review it was decided yes I do have an illness but that my illness does not stop me from working in the job I use to do.I have so much going on and I did not need this right now just when my husband and I are seperating I find out the only income I have I no longer am going to have. I do plan to fight this but,I will have to find somewhere in Maine to help me becaue I have been fighting three insurances by myself for so long that I really need help right now. My doctor here at home is sending me to see a local nr because he believes I am having seizures and have been for years (since childhood) but my family just always called it "oh sheilas in LaLa land again" and it had always been this way. I just always thought I was ... well to be honest dumb because I was missing parts of my day and I was told as a child that I always daydreamed and never payed attention even when I was looking at the person speaking I never remembered everything. Any who now that I have walk away to many times leaving the stove on,running water,car running,and may other thing,I guess we shall let the doctors take a look and see whats what. Thank you everyone sheila Pa
freenow98

Sheila

Postby chiarimom » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:03 am

I know how you feel "it just can't get worse". Shelia, remember how you have fought the fight with the insurance companies --- like you did that....you will do this disability issue as well.

Take one step at a time and you will get through it all. The seizure testing might just be coming at the right time for you.

If you and Megan are ever near us and want to visit let me know. We would love to have you anytime.

Faith
chiarimom

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders